Thursday, June 21, 2007

Another hot lava hit

The heat is becoming intolerable. But as I have already said, no complaints here.
Today and tommorow I have to work, not that I am somehow obliged to do this job, but to tell the truth I for the moment have nothing better to do and can use the few euros this shit pays me. But I have had enough and I guess it is time to say goodbuy and head for something else. I mean it is ok for a workgiver to tell me what to do. It is even ok not to like me. But I cannot accept him or her yelling at me and calling me names in front of other people. This I will not put up with, not now, not ever again. I even went to Jumbo earlier -toys chain megastore here in Greece- in order to purchase some lamps for the singers cause the old ones had ran out of battery and buying new batteries was not worth it.

I phoned Mr. Kostas to see what is going on on that camp. He is the man I assist/work with doing computer repair, network stuff and other such things since last November. He is very knowledgable and pretty much relaxed with me. And I make the comparison here with him and the Architecture guy. I have done some silly things for Kostas, forgot to check stuff, did wrong installations, mistakes all in all enough for someone to really be pissed off with me. But he has been so way cool and let's say understanding that he only told me about my mistakes and end of story. And I have heard rumours that he gets really really pissed when something anything goes wrong. But NO. He tells me that you did not do well, that was wrong and he even goes as far as to pay me for my time. This I deeply appreciate. Can't say the same thing for the Architecture guy.

Did anyone say something?

So why do I keep going there? Maybe because I need the money. Maybe because I am too lazy to drop it and start looking for something else. Maybe because it is a sound engineering -my ass- gig that I somehow find ok doing. I am confused. Although I have found out that I hate doing live gigs of the sort I am doing there I keep doing it. For what? Because I am such a "pro"? Dunno!

Well today is my sister's birthday and I called her to wish and so on. We talked for 45 minutes. Had some stuff to discuss. Laughed a bit as always and hang up relaxed as always. She is the part of my family I am fond of although see does not quite get me all the time. Nonetheless she does not always try to understand me -but she does have the tendency- but rather accept me for who and what I am.

Fuck I mean I am very lazy. Add to this the heat -not of the moment- and the soup is done. Fuck.

Enough lingo.

No comments: